What do you do if you can't sleep?

I'm so sleepy. I had a great day at work and I want to go to bed because my husband is working early tomorrow then we were going to take a day trip somewhere because this is one of the rare Sundays that I have off of work...but I can't seem to fall asleep!

Guess it doesn't help that I'm on Cafemom trying to finish up my credits for the day!!

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 1:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Health

• I watch something boring as hell on tv that usually puts me to sleep but then sometimes I get pulled into the stupid show and still can't sleep.
    becky0829

Answer by becky0829 at 2:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• When I had to work early in the morning I would come home tired but be wide awake by bed time, I wasn't getting any rest so I started taking melatonin some nights. It really helped and didn't leave me feeling tired when I woke up the next day.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I'll start typing messages to DH but then finally delete them in order not to disturb him......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I watch something real boring preferably in black and white and doze off lol
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have insomnia so it is very hard for me to sleep. Some tips are to get off the computer and turn off all lights and lay down in be. Warm milk. White noise (a fan). Ear plugs. Counting ~ sheep are optional (do not have complicated stressful thoughts while trying to sleep). Reading is not always recommended because you can get too invested. I heard insenses may help along with calm music. You could try some sort of sleep aid like unisom. A warm bath before bed time ~ not a shower, and you would not want to get your hair wet. I hope these helped :)
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have insomnia, so I'm up a lot during the night. I'll either be on here (like I am now, lol), or I'll read, watch TV, or listen to music.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I take a melatonin. It helps me to get to sleep-- but you need to take it in conjunction with it being dark. In other words, don't be sitting next to a bright lamp and expect to fall asleep. It also doesn't keep you asleep, so if you have that problem-- waking up in the middle of the night, it won't necessary work for that.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:58 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I TAKE A TYLENOL PM YOU WILL KNOCK OUT
    monteza3

Answer by monteza3 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011