Very tired of all the dealing with it crap

My husband got laid off and on the same day, our dog died. Then the next day, our son got a double ear in fection. On top of all of this he is also getting off pain pills and goin through dt. I have been through all of this for the past four years. And every time its like Hell walked into my life. I dont have the energy to deal with it any more. I have never been addicted to anything so its hard for me to feel any sympathy for him. He is a jerk and knows it. he will talk down to me and then say sorry. He thinks that sorry makes the cut and it just doesnt any more. I try to talk to him but nothin works. Im already on antidepressant pills and working out to get out my stress but I still feel like Im drained. Any advice on how the hell I am goin to cope with this...again? I am sleeping on the couch tonight because I dont like even giving him the right to sleep next to me when he treats me so bad...I feel like crap and Im stressed trying to work on this. I know hes probably freaking out too...

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 1:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Oops I can understand your dilemma.......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:21 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Hugs . . . sending positive thoughts your way . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Have you guys really sat down and told each other how all this makes you feel? Sometimes we are so busy being mad and hurt that we forget resolution only comes from communicating. I don't mean yelling match, but sitting down calmly and explaining to him how his actions, the situation of loosing his job, makes YOU feel. A real honest conversation - don't make him wrong or blame him, just tell him how it all makes you feel and then ask him to do the same and really listen to him.

In order to improve any relationship, you must cut through fear and hurt and connect with the other person through open communication.

Hope this helps.
    SigridSK

Answer by SigridSK at 1:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Have you thought about going to counciling? It sounds like it is time for the both of you to see a councilor.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 1:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I understand the attitude on pills but my DH has never been addicted to anything other than 5hours & Red Bulls! :) LOL! He won't take any pills at all bc he knows what it does to his personality. Good man! :)
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 2:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• You are probably over all the excuses is all. My first husband was an addict and I got to the point after so many relapses all I really wanted to do was punch his face in when I saw him. Of course I never did, but I figured that probably wasnt healthy. Mine was also mean, abusive and all of that both on and when he came off and was detoxing. Everything always seemed worse when I was with him because life with him WAS depressing. I finally left him. It worked out best for me and my kids, but what you do is up to you. You should maybe look into counseling just for yourself first and see if that helps. One on one counseling for me really opened my eyes.

Answer by gemgem at 2:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• so now what..?? I mean, it sounds like you've been doing the biggest part of "dealing with this" ... is he WANTING and willing to accept this is him causing the hell?? and is he willing to do the work it will take to change it? permanently ? Or is he placing blame and being hurtful ? I'm sorry - I know you have 2 babies to care for also, but that doesn't mean you need to live this way either..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2011