How can I find a way to make money while at home?

I have a special needs child and can not work outside of the home. My bills are piling up with homeschooling and everything. I need to find a legit. way to work at home. I don't like pyramid operations and MLM. as they drain money out of bank accounts, and rarely real money is made to break even. Real work at home opportunity is what I need. I need immediate money fast. My child's father is being Mr. cheapo with the payments and lying about how much he can give to support. Probably gets some of his money by personal check so that the government won't know how much he really makes. I know about how much because sometimes he slips and brags about how much he's contracted to make. I need to make money quickly so not to completely depend on someone like this.

Avitar

Asked by Avitar at 3:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't know of any real work at home jobs except babysitting or tutoring. If you have a baby sitter, people are able to make decent money being their own boss doing housekeeping.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Good luck hun. They are few and far between. I have my own business in photography plus I will be selling jewelry on the side but it isn't easy especially in this economy
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• What are you interested in? What do you enjoy? Once you know the answers to these questions, do a search on the internet to see about either a home business or jobs in your area and see if they have telecommuting (sp?).

Good luck
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 7:15 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would not discount home businesses completely. Research is the key. Most people don't succeed because they do not take their business seriously. Network marketing companies are a great way to take complete control of your earnings. My suggestion is to look into businesses that offer consumable products, in line with timings and trends, has a market demand and one you can leverage your time. I never thought I would have chosen a network marketing company, but am so glad I did. Where else can I take things off of my bathroom counter that I use every day and share with others and make money? Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• AVON is a great way to earn money, sure helped us out of a bind while my husband was out of work for nearly a year. I also found it very rewarding, met lots of great people. You can sell locally to friends, & family, advertise on facebook for customers also they provide you with a website your can sell from, never have to leave the house. If you are interested let me know and I will be happy to assist you in signing up. VERY low fee to sign up!
    LadyLisasAvon

Answer by LadyLisasAvon at 9:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM has a huge list of work @ home JOBS, There are also some guides like starting an on the side photography business, childcare @ home etc..

Its a free list. Happy Hunting!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• in all due respect...there are so many Avon reps. The way to make money is to recruit. You have to read the fine print on everything.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You're more than welcome to read my ideas at Mavi's Home Work.   Lately, I have been hearing a lot about the Etsy.com idea.  If you like to make anything such as crafts, it's worth looking into.  I also love to sell on eBay.  Good luck!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I sell Scentsy and make pretty good money. I'd be happy to help with questions or details if you're interested.
    https://my2scents.scentsy.us

NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2011