SHAM

I have been a sham since Feb 2006. I have a 4 year old a 2 year old and a 2 month old. I love my babies to death but I miss working. I would love to do something, anything. I cant remember the last time I went in to the store and bought something for myself knowing I made this money. I have talked to my hubby about it and he says "when the kids are in school thats fine". But the problem is is that he makes money for bills, food, diapers, formula, clothes ets. but it would be nice to have the extra even if it was just some minium wage 20 hour a week job its extra money for emergencies, savings, christmas, etc. It will be at least 4 years before my last baby is ready to go to school and stuff keeps going up like crazy. But its not just the money I miss the adult time. I was thinking something during the evening or at night after I put the kids to bed where my hubby can be home. I will not leave my kids with a sitter when I was young my sitters husband crossed the lines with me and i swore my kids would never have to go to a sitter.
Idk I want to feel like I help out. I want to feel like "look what Ibought with my money" or how about we go to dinner my treat.
I miss alot of things about working, but at the same time I love beening a SHAM. Such a tough decision.
But also I thought Overnights but my hubby sleeps like a bear and falls asleep anywhere casino, restaurant. So when my kids are asleep I like to be there because lord knows he wont wake up :(

piorkowski

Asked by piorkowski at 3:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• When I was a SAHM I worked a bit in the evenings after hubs got home from work. I delivered pizzas from 5p-9p and it was great. It got me out of the house for a couple hours. It gave me the adult interaction I needed.  I had cash on hand for what ever we needed and I put my paychecks into savings for a rainy day. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• What about finding a part time job around his schedule, or maybe doing a stay at home type job, like selling Avon, Mary kay, or Scentsy? I haven't been working for over a year and it kind makes you lose yourself and not feel like the same person you once were. I hope to i can find something really soon. Good luck.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I totally get what you're saying. I'm in school and a sahm now but I would love to be working and making money on my own so I'm trying out a wah biz i found on here gl
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 10:21 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• How about going to school, so when the time comes you'll be prepared to make good money.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2011