I was looking up information for toys for tots and the registration is over and they're not accepting anymore requests for toys. My family is in need for help for the holidays, I have an 11 month old son and 4 year old daughter, my neighbor is also in need for help for her 11 year old daughter. Does anyone have any suggestions about where we might be able to go for help?

Help for the holidays.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Shopping

• Call your bigger churches in the area.
    Anonymous

• Have you called The Salvation Army?
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 5:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Try the local fire station or church.
    Anonymous

• salvation army
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Depends on where you live, Salvation Army for sure - but I know in my area they are no longer accepting applications. We have another big charity called Hearts with Hands, we also have a Santa Pals program.
    If you call Salvation Army and they can't help - ask them if they know of any other local agencies that are helping. Or call your Department of Social Services or Health Dept.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• do u have an old news boys in your area?
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:13 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• try your local churches. if that does not work see if you can get someone to watch your kids for a few hours every day and go get a part time job use your checks to buy christmas.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• We have pawned some things and cashed in our gold jewlery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Sorry to be harsh, but you should have planned AHEAD! Everyone knows that there are tons of poeple in need of help these days... so if you wanted the assistance you should have thought about it before hand! But with that being said, you should call local churches in the area.... and please plan ahead for next year!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Anon 10:33 GEEEEZZZZ!!!!! You Don't know if they did plan ahead what if someone lost a job and use their life savings. All you had to do is give advice and not be so critical. Maybe it was hard for her to ask for help, some people have never had to do it before.
    Anonymous