Do you have any friends that brag about all they have?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 6:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• oh yes and it absolutely drives me up the wall =[ I'm sure part of it is due to jealousy even though I hate to be, but mostly it's just sad that how they seem to think they are so much better than you because they have a larger bank roll. I'm sorry but there are millions of people with money that are NOT good people...just saying :D
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Not any more.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:29 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• use to...removed them from my life...moved on
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 6:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Not really that they "brag" but that they seem just a bit out of touch with reality in thinking that nothing bad can ever happen to them, financially speaking. They make great salaries, travel, go out to eat daily, spend without any thought that, especially in this economy, it could end pretty quickly. It's not that they're dumb about money (many of them work in the financial field) but they think that they are somehow immune to the ups and downs of life because they are "better" than everyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Most of the people in my life are struggling financially just like we are.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:46 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No. I do have two friends who constantly whine about all they don't have and how they are victims. They are the type of people if you share something that is going on in your life they will not skip a beat and will start their next sentence with "well at least you don't have it as bad as me".  Then make the rest of the conversation about them. I really don't spend much time with them now just as bad as being around those who brag all the time.

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 3:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• yes and no. I only have a few close friends and they're similar to me. Struggling like crazy but also overindulging their kids due to severe guilt.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• this one time when i lost my job and things were really bad i was telling my friend i didn't know what to do and i had no idea how i was going to feed my kids, she tells me i am buying my kids a 4 wheeler and we are going shopping. nothing like a slap in the face and make me feel like a loser.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2011