What did you do with your diamond ring after your divorce?

Right now mine is sitting in my jewelry box. My son has asked me if he can give it to his wife (he is 13 years old, must be planning for the future...LOL). What did you do with yours?

Onmyown2727

Asked by Onmyown2727 at 6:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I sold mine. I got $36,000.00 for it. It was a beautiful ring but I just didn't want it. It was a 3.7 carat princess cut set in platinum.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i'd make it into something else..no since in wasting a good diamond.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I sold mine--along with all the other jewelry he gave me.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• MIne.. I bought them on my own...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• MIne.. I bought them on my own... My ex didn't buy them but now if my DH gives me any it would be for my lifetime....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I've been divorced for 18 years, time to sell it, it just sits in my jewelry box.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have other diamond rings..I like some the of the right hand diamond rings. Have any of you treated yourself to one of those?
    Onmyown2727

Comment by Onmyown2727 (original poster) at 7:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I gave my rings back to my ex. The commitment of marriage was over. I didn't want them anymore.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My mother and father divorced when I was very young, but we ended up making my ring using her diamond and an old ruby and diamond ring of my grandmothers. We removed the ruby from grandmas ring (that went into a necklace for my girls), and her diamond went in...then we scrapped her band.

I love that my ring didn't come out of a mall store...it seems like they all look the same after a while of browsing them. I have a custom piece of jewelry that has some family history to it. It didn't cost much either...I think it was $40 to have the ruby set into a pendant, and $80 or so to have the head replaced on the ring and the diamond placed.

That said, I wouldn't have wanted a "divorce ring" on my hand...but when it was made over, I didn't feel that way anymore. (No offense to anyone at all!! JMHO)
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• give it to my aunt. she still haves it ...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2011