how do i get a 9 month old 2 not be mean 2 other.....

my 9 month old daughter is mean 2 other babys. my bf and i want another but how can't i teach her in a simple way 2 be kind 2 the next child?

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Sometimes you just have to correct behaviors again and again with babies this age. She'll get it eventually if you keep at it, and try to show her ways to be nice. My girls love attention, so if I heap on the praise for being nice, it's like a contest to them. I got pregnant for my littlest girl when her sister was 10 mos., and at the time she was pretty mean to her little cousin. It was really frustrating, but she got over it.
    MommyLi288

Answer by MommyLi288 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Well, when she's mean to another baby, just remove her from the situation and tell her to be nice.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I DO BUT SHE DOES IT ANY WAY EVEN IF I SMACK HER HANDS
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• She's still pretty young, she probably doesn't understand what's going on! You really can't predict how she'll be with a sibling. Just because she seems to hate other kids right now doesn't mean she'll feel that way about "her" baby.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2008