Do your kids get up too early on the weekends?

I know mine do, I know they cannot help it. We have them on a schedule during the week and kids don't care that it is Saturday or Sunday and mom and dad want to sleep in or have the early morning alone time that I love. But for them to sleep unitl 8:00 would be great! Even if I keep them up later, they still get up the same.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 7:25 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• My DD is the same way! Like for instance, I went to dinner and shopping with one of my girlfriends Friday night and brought my DD along 'cause DH had to work his 2nd job. I kept her up until 10:00 and she still woke up at 6:00. She wakes up anywhere b/t 5:00-6:00 every day. I think its b/c she was born at 5:50 in the morning so she just naturally thinks, "Oh! Time to wake up." Yes, I would love to sleep in until 8 though. This is bad, but some days, I do wake up, take her potty, give her milk and breakfast, turn cartoons on and go back to bed until 7. I do keep the bedroom door open (which goes right out into the living room), so I can keep an ear on her and usually when she's done eating breakfast or when a commercial comes on, she comes back into the bedroom to wake me back up.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:05 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My girl has always been an early riser. I used to do the same thing with the breakfast and cartoons but I usually slept on the couch so I was right at hand. These days she's nine and when she wakes up she just knocks on the door to let me know she is awake and then watches tv or reads a book in her room until I get up.
    questioningcleo

Answer by questioningcleo at 8:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My two younger ones are up early but my 17 yr old would sleep all day if I let her.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My two little ones wake up at the usual time, but my older 3 (9, 11, and 13) prefer to sleep in. An option would be to have your husband get up with them one weekend while you sleep, and then for you to get up the next weekend. My husband often gets up with mine so I can sleep, but he's an early riser anyway.

Answer by missanc at 8:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• my ds gets up anywhere between 5-8am everyday depending on if he took a nap the previous day lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• They get up around the same time they do during the week which is like 7am. Sometimes they get up earlier. It doesn't effect my sleep. I get up when the baby gets up or, if they wake him up early, I get up and hand him off to the kids since they woke him up. They feed and change and play with him until I'm ready to get up. Usually me and my husband snuggle in bed Sunday morning. My kids are 10, 9, 8 and almost 5. Other than the baby (7 months) they don't need me to get up in the morning. They've been getting their own breakfast since the oldest was like 5 or 6. And they are perfectly capable of "babysitting" for an hour (or 2) while I sleep in. In fact, they enjoy it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2011