Would it be acceptable to ask for this?

A lot of people say the momma should get a gift after pushing out a screaming goosh-ball of joy. I'm considering asking my family to pull together and help my get my hair and nails done the week before i'm due (and maybe some new makeup) so i don't feel so gross and mushy.
Would it be okay to ask for this, or would you be offended?

ilovemymonsterr

Asked by ilovemymonsterr at 7:33 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would so do that
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 2:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• are you serious?? you don't earn a reward or gift just because you had a baby. you chose to have this child..your family or friends owe you nothing for that decision. now, if your DH or SO wants to get you some flowers or a hairdo for your efforts, that's his offering. but to ask for it? that's tasteless.
    if you ask for anything from family/friends, i'd save it until after the birth..when you need some momma-time, and its just a babysitting you need..not a service or gift.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Your reasoning is the problem. You need to let them know that it is something that would mean a great deal to you and you would like their help. It is not a reward. If they choose to give it to you wonderful. If they cannot do it right now, you love them and nothing changes. Do not look at it as something you are earning.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I wouldnt ask. It seems selfish. JMO. If you are looking for a "treat" then just invite them along. Maybe someone will pick up your tab. lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• a closed mouth wont get fed..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Some one is having hormone problems.
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 11:39 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Oh and plus.... There was nothing about who's family is better than the next. No reason to bring out a nasty response like that, you asked a question here and you got the responses. Honest responses. Maybe you can ask everyone that you do not want flowers, chocolates or any gifts, you would prefer a gift certificate to the local nail and hair place to make your self feel better after you feel better. I do NOT see any one here that is at fault for their answers. I see you at fault for YOUR comment on every one being honest to your question. I believe you owe every one that replied an apology.
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 11:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't be offended.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• A push gift? Now I've heard it all, lol. Ask if you think your family would do it, but not something I would do. I thinks it's selfish too.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Hmm! I wouldn't ask. A child is gift enough. If you would like to go out and pamper yourself when you are feeling better, then that is fine. Maybe asking them to "borrow" the money would be ok and tell them what it is for. Maybe then it will be told to you that it does not need to be repaid. But to ask for them to do that is a selfish thing to do. I am not even sure that they allow polished nails and all that stuff in delivery. But I also gave birth 10 years ago. So who knows.
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 10:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2011