After having my baby

I gave birth to my daughter in Feb 08 and ever since then I constantly have to urinate. Some days are better than others, but if I drink 1 glass of water I will go at least 3 times in an hour. This can't be normal, don't have insurance but should I suck it up or find the money to see a doctor?

lunachick213

Asked by lunachick213 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do not remember feeling like that, You could always call your doctor or the OB place and ask them.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• is it painful or anything other than frequent urination? you could always call a nurse helpline or the hospital and ask what it could be - if you are not having any other symptoms I wouldn't worry too much - but it wouldn't hurt to call and check
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Some people have diabetes during or right after pregnancy and frequent urinating is a symptom I would go to a doctor. Or if you know someone with a diabetic meter 2 hours after eating it should be under 120. Until you can find out don't eat anything very sweet soda, candy, and even starchy food can sky rocket you blood sugar. Are you also very thirsty or have dry mouth? Do you feel hot do your hands feel thick like with blood or hot, do you have heart palpitations? These are also other signs but you might not experience all of them.
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Incontinence (lack of bladder control) is REALLY common after pregnancy. It can entail having to use the bathroom frequently, like you, or just leaking a little bit at a time. It comes from the stretched muscles around your bladder not fully functioning after being abused so badly. There are exercises you can do to strengthen these muscles, and if this doesn't work there are medications to take for it. But first, I would find out if you have a kidney infection. This is also common after pregnancy, and a sign of it is frequent urination. It can be damaging if not treated. But if you are free of infection, check out some exercises for incontinence. You'll be able to find it online.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 7:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2008