Is she having nightmares?

for the past week or so my daughter will cry or whimper in the middle of the night, ill get up and check on her and shell still be sleeping. this happens a number of times in 1 night, is she having a nightmare? what causes a little baby to have a nightmare?

BKCM2008

Asked by BKCM2008 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DEPENDS ON how old she is - should could actually just be wimpering in her sleep - right now her vocabulary is very small - sometimes thats all they know what to do or "say" I think if it were nightmares she'd be screaming and wake up from them.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• my daughter did this around 3months and while it could be a mini nightmare, my dr. said it was more a food thing. one part of her brain may be telling her she's slightly hungry and the other is telling her to go back to sleep! we had a hard time listening to it, and once or twice I even woke her and gave her a bottle to find out that she really wasn't that hungry. try to just let her work it out. it could take a week or two to go away.
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 5:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My son did this too my doctor said it was his way of soothing himself back into a deep sleep.
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2008