The wonderful world of pregnancy...

This morning I was laying in bed resting and I felt something "squirt or come out" of my vaginal opening and I went to the bathroom and found that it was a slimy, clear substance. It was quite a bit. I was just wondering if this is something to be worried about. Since then I have felt A LOT of pressure down there. I am 35 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Any idea ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Later in pregnancy you tend to have more discharge. As long as it is clear I would not worry about it, If you get a glob of it with blood in it then you are losing your mucus plug but even then it does not mean you will go into labor anytime soon.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It could be your mucus plug. And since there's a lot of pressure, your baby could be pushing itself down against your cervix, getting ready for delivery. You're hella lucky, I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow and I haven't lost my mucus plug yet.

I'm convinced that my daughter doesn't ever want to come out haha! I'm so impatient.

But yeah, if you're really worried, you could call your doctor and ask them about it. If you're not having contractions or anything, you're probably just fine. Pressure is totally normal at this stage.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• And if I am having contractions...then what?
    Anonymous

• its not your mucus plug that will have a bloody show. at the end of your pregnancy your body is preparing for delivery you will notice more and more disharge so long as its clear your good. but if you get a bloody show then its your mucus plug and you can expect to have baby soon. congrats and good luck.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• if your having contractions you need to time them and see if they get closer and stronger. if not then dont worry about it yet. your contractions have to be close together and strong once you notice a good patteren call your dr he will tell you when to go to the hospal but your kinda early so i hope your not in labor yet you really wana keep baby in there till atleast 37wks.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Oh, sorry, I should've pointed that out lmao. I always get scared I'm going to go over the character limit on here.

If you start having any sort of contractions, then you should DEFINITELY call your doctor. You'll be able to describe what they feel like and how far apart they are to them, and they'll either tell you to stay at home or head to the hospital. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, just saying. Anytime you aren't sure about something, if you can't get a good enough answer here, it's always best to call your doctor, that's what they're there for :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It's probably your mucus plug but you should see your ob provider to make sure your water is not broken.
    healthEwoman

Answer by healthEwoman at 5:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• my mucus plug kinda looked like a big slimy bugger or snail....i didn't have much blood with it if any.....so it could be it...good luck
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2008