Confrontation

Ever have some nosy busy body come harrass you for no reason? I remember when my friend and I were 24,we were at the mall and this lady started going off on us about"lazy kids these days,skipping school,no regard for an education...." We were dumbfounded and confused. In between herrants we were able to get a word in and tell her that we'vebeen out of school for 6 years already! She walked away still mumbling to herself!
Also,when I was 15,I was walking my 2 year old cousin in her stroller and some woman started going off on me about young girls having babies. I told her'hey lady,when this one was conceived I was 11 1/2! She's not mine,she's my cousin! "

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Hahaa, I don't remember any harassment but when my cousin and I wen trick-or-treating (I was 9 and she was 11) Some lady said "oh pretty costumes, does mommy want some too?" BAHAHAHA She was like lady, I was 2 when she was born
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 10:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I only remember one time having a similar issue. I was 22 or so and had my 3 kids at the time. My husband was a smoker back then and I got our groceries with all 3 kids (all under 5) in tow and asked for a pack. The checker got snotty with me because she asked for my id and I was fumbling around with a baby in my arms and two in the cart and she said I probably didnt have an id. I said yes I do, and I said and anyway with 3 babies in tow do you really think I am under 18? She gave me a dirty look and said who knows these days you could be under 18. I said oh you think Im a whore? Under 18 with a 5 yr old, 2 yr old & 1 yr old? She said again you never know. I got my aunt who worked there and told her your friend here is calling me a whore. I was so pissed.

Answer by gemgem at 9:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I had a lady tell me my baby would die if I didn't cover him with a blanket. We were in the grocery store. I had just come in from the summer air which was in the high 90's. Now, I had a light blanket to toss over him especially around the freezer section as he was only about 2 months old. I stood there a minute, picked my son up, held him out to her, and said, "Ok, here, you raise him.". She didn't want to do a 'better job'. She just wanted to be bossy. She looked rather surprised and walked off. Funny. I haven't thought about that for 26 years.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• same thing happened to me with my baby sister. we went on a road trip and my sister was just a baby under a yr i was 14 15ish.. well everyone got out to use the rest room and i stay outside holding my babysister.. this only lady walks by making a comment about me being too young to have a baby. well shortly after that my mom came out of the rest room and as loud as i could with out being rude i told my mom to hold HER baby cuz i needed to use the rest room. My mom thought it pretty funny, me not so much.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i had a similar situation happen to me twice when i was pregnant with my oldest i was 22 at the time and about 8 months pregnant... i went to the corner store with a gf of mine and some woman stopped me and said im sorry i have to ask how old are u... i was like im 15 what are u gonna tell me that ive ruined my live.. also with teh same pregnancy i carried really big me and my dh went to applebees and the waitress stoppd me and said honey are u having triplets and i said no just the 1 and she goes oh well cuz u look like u carrying 5... i was soo upset some ppl have nerve
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I've never had that happen to me! How awful for you! I hope that you got an apology from the woman who mistook your cousin for your child! If people in the world said kind and positive things to each other and eliminated the criticism, the world would be a better place!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 10:00 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I haven't had too many run ins with strangers but my grandmother tells me ridiculous things all the time about my son...so I finally told her that if she had a problem with what I was doing, she could raise Davey so I could have my 20s back and party.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Oh, wait, I did have someone ask me if I was married one time. I wasn't. So I made up a big story about how my very obviously white son had a black father. I thought it was funny. The woman probably thought I was insane.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes, I have had many with nosy busy bodies , they make their own assumptions about things I do or say but it doesn't bother me to much, they are the ones looking dumb in the end!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• nope
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2011