Toddler bed transition...

ok guys heres my issue... my son who will be 2 in may needs to move out of his crib and into a toddler bed bc im expecting my 3rd! im due in about 15 weeks but i figured its easier to do it now and make the transition than have to deal with that and a newborn.. also hes going to be sharing a room with his older brother almost 4 ... i tried last night (and i should mention hes not really speaking that much right now) ..but it was a disaster... i want to keep trying but dont know how to really go about it because my older son was a little easier bc a. he was a little older b. he was speaking very clearly and c. he was in a room by himself... will take any and all suggestions lol,

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well I trasitioned my son when he started potty training so he could get out of his bed at night to go potty. He loved having a new bed bcuz he was a "big boy" So tell him if he wants to be a big boy he has to sleep in his big boy bed, the only thing that made it easier for me was i had a 1 bedroom house at this time and he was sleeping in our room. So maybe you could put his toddler bed in your room for the first week or 2 to get him used to the bed then move him in with his brother just take small steps and in the morning when he wakes up praise him for sleeping in his big boy bed, tell him he shouldnt have to sleep in a baby bed like his new sibling is gonna have to. just use "big boy" alot! they love it
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 3:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2011