Would you be upset?

I know I am probably getting upset about nothing but this really did upset me. Every Sunday for three years I get up early, go downstairs and make a really nice breakfast for everyone. Today my husband and son got up before me and went downstairs. By the time I got down there my husband was making breakfast, said he was almost done, and if I could help clean up the kitchen that would be great. Well he finishes cooking when I was in the living room cleaning up something and he set the table and I went in the kitchen to get my plate. There was no food, no plate, no nothing but a mess I was asked to clean up. I asked him where my food was and he goes "Oh, you wanted something to eat?". His plate had four pieces of toast, three eggs, and 12 pieces of bacon on it. He gave some food to my son, I guess I should just be happy for that. So I get a mess to clean up and no breakfast. I would make myself breakfast but I just am upset right now. I know it's probably stupid. I just really thought he was doing something nice for me and it ends up I just have a crap more work to do than normally on Sunday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• i mean it was nice that he made breakfast for himself n ur son but he could have at least ASKED u if he u wanted something to eat ... also to leave u a big mess like that is also unfair.... i would be upset too
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• wow that was really mean of him. i would tell him to clean his own mess.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 9:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I hate when they do that crap. My husband has done it before but honestly didnt think I would want anything. I have also had the problem where I get up and make a nice breakfast and serve it up and turn around and there isnt any left for me. I totally do go off and make sure the kids and husband know thats rude.

Answer by gemgem at 9:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I think you have every right to be VERY upset.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• OMG! MEN!!!!! Agh! Yes, be upset, be very upset!
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 9:51 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I understand completely, my hubby will cook when I'm sick, and when I walk in the kitchen I have a MESS left to clean up. There are times I would like to curl up and cry. I don't though, I grit my teeth remind myself why I should be grateful, and of course clean it up. Men don't think the way we do. I do big breakfast on the weekends because it's the only time we can get the family around the table at the same time, I do it because it makes me feel good....hubby and kids just see it as another meal that mom cooks. If it's worth fighting about, then by all means say something, but if it isn't worth fighting over...clean up the mess, and tell your hubby that the next time he cooks, he cleans the mess, specially when he wasn't considerate enough to make you a plate, whether he thought you were hungry or not...... Hugs to you hun, I really know how you are feeling and it sucks.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Do you usually eat when you make the breakfast? If you do and he didn't make you anything--I'd be royally pissed. I would also say that there is no need for you to clean up as you didn't benefit from his making the mess.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would of taken some of his foot and tell him to make more if he wanted more. And I would of said thanks for cooking.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• When i was reading it i thought how nice but then got to the part where there was none for you. I would be upset.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Oooops haha I would of taken some of his food!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2011