What makes someone "pretty" or attractive?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• At first glance, of course it's all about looks.... but then, when you get to know a person, their attitude or outlook on life can really make them beautiful or down right ugly. I know a lot of people that at first sight my friends have said omg he's hot...and my first response is yea get to know him and then say that. Outside appearance is like a cover on a book, It might look good, but it is what is on the inside that matters the most. You can have an ugly cover but be the most beautiful thing ever. Or you can look great, and just really suck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• To me its all about how you carry yourself
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Remember "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." Everyone has different tastes and opinions. I love my make-up. I feel that it makes me look pretty and attractive, but I've been experimenting with it and wearing it for over 40 years! Taking pride in one's appearance is definitely an important attribute in looking and feeling pretty and in presenting a confidence from within that is beautiful and attractive.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:46 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• facial symetry

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• to me if they are sweet, kind,caring, down to earth, fun, loving then they are beautiful , it is so much more than what is on the outside!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:26 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Basically just being a nice person, good to others, a great attitude about life. :) That is beautiful to me.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Warm eyes and a nice smile! You can get past the clothing, make up and hair style, but warmth is always in the eyes. People don't smile enough either, when someone smiles it is welcoming.

The Kindergarten after care employee for my son's class looks great all the time, nice hair, clothing and shoes, but the woman NEVER smiles. EVER. She yelled at my son once, so she is now known as the 'mean lunch lady.' I don't even let him stay for lunch because of her and I'm not the only person who doesn't care for her.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 3:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Alot of things contribute to it. I think someone is pretty or attractive if they dress nicely like they care about how they look, do their hair, are friendly and nice, have their make up done & just basically look like they care about themselves and how they present themselves.

Answer by gemgem at 9:41 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• it really doesnt matter how pretty and hot you are as long as you have a great heart inside thats all tha matters. you can be the hottest girl and if you have ugly inside of you u just ugly......
    monteza3

Answer by monteza3 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• presentation has alot to do with it but for me it has more to do with personality. To me u cant be beautiful with an ugly character.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2011