Is this typical for a 2 year old?

My dd just turned 2 on February 28th. She loves coloring, and on february 27th drew a very clear picture of a face.
It was a big circle, with 2 smaller circles for eyes, then a curved line for a smile.
Now, just a week later, she is drawing the smiley face, with arms and legs, and sometimes a hat or moustache.
Lol is this typical or is she ahead of the game here? We are all amazed and saying she is going to be an artist, but I thought I'd see if this is average...

Could your 24month old draw clear pictures?

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 9:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is turning 4 in aug and he just started drawing faces... from what his teacher at nursery school tells e HES advanced lol so ur daughter must be super advanced! YAY and my 2 yr old just draws squiggles..lol
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• OMG you have a child prodigy! :o) My twins are two and I'm impressed when my "artistic" one i.e. the one who loves to draw, copies a circle or square after I've done one first!
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 9:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

•  

I'd say that's pretty advanced.  My kids always did scribbles.  They're 9, 6, 3 and I'm 33 weeks, 3 days pregnant for a 4th.

vkzsmom10

Answer by vkzsmom10 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My 2 yr old can somwhat draw faces and can write a couple letters from her name, but i would say that your dd is advanced :)
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Definitely advanced! How cute- I bet she's just loving all the oohs and aahs she gets for her pics :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• You have an artist on your hands! My 27 month old is still drawing circles and attempting her name, but it's not legible.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 10:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2011