How do you get your 4 year old to sleep in his own bed?

ok my son has been sleeping with me since he was a newborn because he had acid reflux and would choke at night. He is now four and is convinced he has monsters, witches, etc. in his bedroom and can't sleep in his own bed. His brother is 16 months and sleeps in there by his self we tried telling him that but he won't buy it. His dad and I can't not even be intimate because he is right in the bed with us every night even when he fall asleep on the couch he wakes up about 3 am and crawls into bed with us. His dad is getting very frustrated and I feel really bad because I hate to hear him cry because he begs and pleads and cries and I give in I know you don't like to hear your kids cry either. Plus he knows way to much about the female body then he should because he walks in on me when ever he feels and tells me he likes my boobies any suggestions? Please Please Desperate mom who wants her own bed, privacy, and bed.

Brandy06460

Asked by Brandy06460 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• be patient ive been there, my 3 year old insisted on sleeping with me till i wa 81/2 months pregnant, noww im sleeping with my 18 month old. my hubby told me last night that he feels like my roommate, i felt so bad.good luck, at least their not little forever.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I would just let your child sleep in your bed. Something is upsetting him - in time he will go to his own bed.
    Anonymous