Have your kids ever been hospilized for anything?

my son was for pnemonia when he was 15 months old

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Health

• In August 2010 my DD had a seizure that was big, bad and scary. They couldn't stop it and she ended up in a coma for 11 days. After she woke up we still had to stay in the hospital and then we went to rehab. In totally she was in the hospital for about 6 weeks. Then again at Thanksgiving she got sick again and we spent the next 3 weeks in and out of the hospital. They still don't know what is wrong with her and if she will get sick again, so our hospital stays might not be over.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• They considered admitting him when he slipped and hit his head on the coffee table because he kept saying he couldn't see...but then I realized he was fibbing because when I dangled m&ms his vision made a quick recovery, lol. Apparently he had been talking to a doctor about being blind and thought it was cool. 3 year olds are so weird, lol.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 10:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Awww poor baby! Never been hospitalized after leaving the hospital at birth, THANK GOD! BUT My first DD was in the hospital after birth an extra week, she stayed in the NICU due to her rapid breathing. I NEVER would wish that kind of experience even on my worst enemy.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My oldest for jaundice as a newborn and a kidney infection when she was 4.  

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:02 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• my oldest was back in the hospital a week after being born for jaundice and put under the billi lights after a day and nite was released, my youngest was in for a week due to RSV
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes two of them have been. My now 17 yr old was in the hosp when he had his tonsils out. He was 7 at the time.

My youngest has had the worst of it though. I guess I was lucky I got to 5 kids before anything bad happened? She had her tonsils out at 3 (turned 3 in the hosp in fact) & then that summer she broke her arm on the trampoline so badly she had to be sent to the childrens hospital two hours away and have surgery and pins put in her arm. We were there 3 days. And before anyone gets all judgey there were 5 adults monitoring the kids and the trampoline was enclosed. She fell in such a way she fell through the only 5-6 inch spot and landed on her arm.

Answer by gemgem at 10:12 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes. In 2007 he got a fever and has a febrile seizure and stopped breathing. All the tests were negative,MRI was clear,so he was kept overnight for observation.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My son was hospitalized for jaundice...also severe croup...and also a gigantic lymph node on his neck....was the size of a soft ball.....ended up being strep that moved from his throat to his neck. He had to have surgery to drain it.

My dd had jaundice as well and also a severe UTI when she was 4 weeks old....

We have had our share of hospital time :(
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:24 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My daughter had a bad asthma attack in 2009 and was hospitalized. There was so much inflammation that the doctor wanted to send her to the children's hospital to sedate and intubate her so the swelling could go down.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes my 4 year old was when she was at age 1 for cleft surgery, then at age 2 for a bad blood infection, then at age 3 for swallowing a hoop earring , out of my 5 she is the only one who has been in the hospital!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2011