Boss Nightmare Stories?

If you've had a crappy boss or your spouse, what are some of the worst things they did?

I've got a few with my hubs' boss. Today, he tricked him into going to fill a 'small order' which really turned out to be larger than most orders they would use two shifts to fill on a NORMAL work day and he's supposed to have off on weekends.

When I was admitted to the hospital I had to take my son in with me first. When they admitted me and began running tests on my kidneys, they said that I would have to be stay for a few days and my boss refused to let me husband take any of his paid days because he 'hadn't scheduled a week in advance' as though we were supposed to know-but then let a guy take off suddenly because his girlfriend found out she was pregnant and he needed some time to himself (he then skipped the state and his boss told him there would always be a job here for him).

When I had my ectopic pregnancy his boss refused to let him stay with me when I had my 'abortion' because he didn't see how it was his fault that I had gotten pregnant and we couldn't afford it even though Mike explained numerous times that we were actually trying to get pregnant and the embryo hadn't implanted in my uterus. His boss is just an ignorant piece of crap!

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 10:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I've had two psycho bosses (both female) in my life. The first one screamed at me for wearing a denim jacket to work (I was taking it off and hanging it in the closet at the time; I had no plans to wear it all day). The second one told the whole freaking office that I was a diabetic and posted a picture of me on the wall with the caption: DO NOT FEED THIS WOMAN.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• 24 hour time difference? Really? wouldn't that mean it's the same time?

I had the boss from hell once. She was new and I was there for 3 years--I actually had her job, but due to family issues, I had to step down and take less work responsibilites and I was her assistant. Even with my pay cut for changing jobs, I still made more money than her and although I tried to tell her what she needed to do, she obviously wasn't up to the task of the job and she was pissed when she found out I made more. She began telling her boss that I was telling the staff nasty stuff about her, saying that was doing all sorts of things that I wasn't doing! I quit and then came out that she had a criminal record in another state that she lied about and it came out that she lied about me. They then fired her and asked me to come back. I said no because they didn't do anyting about her when I went to HR with the issues in the first place.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Sounds like our husbands work at the same place! There was a guy(that worked there) that killed himself on a Saturday night, the boss came in in Sunday knowing that the guy died and gave him an occurrence on his employment records for not coming in the night he died! My husbands grandmother died and his boss gave him an occurrence for not scheduling the day of death off! We are looking for a new job for him....that place sucks!

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Oh, I have NEW one but this one's kind of funny. So, the company my husband works for is headquartered in Australia. He tells my husband to email them saying they need a machine fixed and someone needs to be sent out (what they really need is a new machine but whatever, that's another rant all together) ASAP and wait My husband (I'm at the plant right now, because I brought him lunch) explains to his boss that no one is going to answer because they're not open-he did NOT say they were closed because its the weekend, my husband understands time change. Well, his boss gets all cocky and says, "guess there's a reason SOMEONE is only in charge of the employees and not the office, huh? There's a 24 time difference. Its Monday over there, boy!"

My husband rolls his eyes and I couldn't help it. I blurted out "He meant its only around 3:30am over there." It took all of my power to keep from adding, "DUMBASS" to the end!
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Well, its Sunday, so my husband was in there working and his boss thought he was going to be all smart and point out that its Monday in Australia. WE KNEW THAT, LOL. His plant isn't normally open on the weekends.
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2011