When did you start "nesting"?

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am now 30 weeks (first pregnancy) and I have been nesting for probably about 2 or 3 weeks. Nothing is right. I want to do everything by myself all day everyday. My SO doesn't get it at all. He wants to help but I just want him to leave me alone and and let me nest. It has gotten so bad that we fight about me not resting (especially since my tummy dropped at 28 weeks). Since my LO won't let me sleep at night I am up all night doing baby stuff and up most of the day doing baby stuff!!!! My SO is now annoyed with me because I am always doing baby stuff!!
    byzzye

Answer by byzzye at 2:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• With my 1st I never "nested." Probably b/c I hate cleaning. My doctor eventually had to induce me at 41 weeks. This pregnancy, I look at all the things I need to do before the baby gets here and I need to start "nesting," but again, I hate cleaning. Luckily I'm having another girl, so I don't really need to do anything or get anything, but get the 0-3 month clothes out of the attic and wash them and put the crib back up.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• with my first i didnt get the whole nesting thing but dh did. the second one i got it and it hit really hard. and i was about 7 months. i got the new crib, decorated the room got clothes packed my hospital bag cleaned the house daily. lol it was so funny i was huge at 7 months and had a hard time moving around and dh was a work and the crib was still in the box for the past day or two cuz dh hadnt gotten to it so here i am heaving this thing up the stairs and putting it all together.( i just couldnt wait) boy was i tired afterwards. plus i had t entertain my oldest at the same time. luckly it seemed once i got the crib up, make and the mobile up it seemed to subside a bit.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• 30 weeks
    liv3laughlov3

Answer by liv3laughlov3 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I don't know if it was nesting or what, but this morning I woke up, looked around and rose hell with my family. "This house is trashed!!!! Get everything off the floor and where it belongs NOOOOOWWWWW!!!!"

It was probably a combination of nesting and hormones! Lol!

House is clean though!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• lol i dont know im not pregant now and i get in those moods too.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Laundry seems to be my "thing". I washed all the bed sheets and everything the day before I went into labor with my first, and washed all the curtains right before going into labor with baby number 2. With my third, I stripped all the couch cushions and washed the covers; hey didn't even get dry again. But it was always only like within that last day or so before hatching.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• About 20 weeks it came in spurts. First time I went nuts doing everything.

This time I had an intense urge to redo a bathroom. It's halfway done noe.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2011