What organizational tools are essential for you...

To keep your HOME organized, like shelves, under the bed storage containers, etc.?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:00 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have ZERO storage at our house, and I hate it...it is one of the reasons we are considering moving. I have to make use of every spare bit of space I can with 2 kids and one on the way. Under the bed storage is one of the best organizational tools I have found. In addition, good shelving has helped us a lot! It makes the best use of the vertical space (especially in the toy room) that would otherwise be unusable. Finally, we have pretty baskets that contain various things all over. For example, in my bedroom, we have big night stands on each end with drawers and then a big empty gap...baskets go in the gap and those hold my sewing machine and material, and my electrolysis machine in the other. On our "hope chest" at the end of the bed, we have baskets too. Sometimes I think it is impossible, but everything manages to find a "home"
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would kill for most of that stuff... My closets are a complete mess! Mostly I just have hangers & rubermade containers and everything goes behind closed doors!

As for organizing my life, everything - I MEAN EVERYTHING - goes in a 3 ring binder that never leaves my side!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:03 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I buy plastic see through boxes & stack them on top of one another. I use them with craft stuff, baking supplies, toys, etc. I stack up the boxes on shelves, I have sevearl closets with shelves but ended up buying another plastic one for my craft stuff it was like $10 at walmart & has 5 tiers. They go together & come apart so you can make it into sevearl small ones, two medium size or one large one.

To organize paperwork we bought a file cabinet, has made a world of difference. To organize my daughters keepsake stuff artwork, etc I have binders with plastic sleeves in them.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I just moved into a new apartment that has a TON of shelves in all the closets, and I'm in love! lol I also have shelves in the living room, to help organize all the day to day stuff, like movies and my plants and stuff, and I have a place specifically for my quilting. THAT is a huge bonus in itself. Before, I was just using the kitchen table! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have a filing cabinet (which needs an overhaul at the moment), we have storage bins, & 1 son w/ drawers under his bed. I will say, all closets & dressers need a good cleaning out right now & a trip tp Good Will to reduce our current clutter issues. Sometimes I think "stuff" takes on a life of its own ! -lol
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i wish i could be organized...ouch ...
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• shelving and baskets and clear plastic tubs.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Floor to ceiling shelves with baskets!! It's how we organized the kids playroom (basement), and their bedrooms, as well as our formal living room which we converted into a library.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I HAVE NO ROOM IN MY APARTMENT FOR MUCH BUT I TRY TO KEEP CONTAINERS AND TOTES SO I CAN JUST KEEP THINGS PUT AWAY NEATLY...I HATE A MESS BUT MY SPRING CLEANING WILL HELP WITH THAT...LOL...GOOD LUCK LADYS
    lena695

Answer by lena695 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Selves. We have this big shed in the back. My husband is going to attach in to the house to make it our master bed room. We will have our own bathroom and walk in closet.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011