I want an undo button on CM

I accidentally voted someone down and I noticed we do not have an oops button to undo it. Has this ever happened to you?

jen2774161

Asked by jen2774161 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Yes it happened to me once. It was the only time I have used it. It would be nice if there was a pop up that asked if you are sure.

But it doesn't do anything to the person unless they have a neg 6 rating on their answer...... then it just hides it.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Happens a lot if you're using a phone - slide the screen up or down and you don't even see the vote button you're hitting because it hadn't fully loaded yet. I've had votes down I didn't want to vote down, and worse, vote ups to people I absolutely did not agree with and did not want my name in any way attached to supporting their opinion.

And Charis - dv's do take points away if the poster is anon, 2 or 3 per dv iirc.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes, I've done this. I usually post an apology on the thread. I usually do it when I'm on my phone reading CM mom, but it's happened on my laptop as well.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yep its happened to me before and I felt so bad.I did it by accident.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes, I have accidentally voted down instead of up and vice versa, but only because I use my phone (touch screen) to get on CM 98% of the time. I think an undo button would be wonderful!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Done it once and wished for the same undo button. I think it would be good to add an undo button.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yeah I've done that before. But just say sorry! No big deal. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• NP - thanks I keep forgeting that it does do that to Anon - The price they pay I guess
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I did one day. I felt awful.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• just go back and vote them up and it will equalize it

Answer by admckenzie at 2:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011