Playing the waiting game - anyone else?

Joy. On CD36 - Period was due yesterday. I chart (fertilityfriend.com) So I know I ovulated on CD23. My luteal phase (time between ovulation and beginning of period) is never more than 11 days, but now I'm on 13 DPO. I always have spotting for 2 days before my period comes in full force, and I have had NOTHING but the barest speck 3 or 4 days ago.
We weren't actually trying to get pregnant...just not really preventing. If I'm pregnant, my hubby has super sperm, because the only unprotected sex we had was 4+ days before ovulation.
Considering the timespan between "insemination" and ovulation, pregnancy doesn't seem like a very likely possibility. I have NO symptoms other than the missed period. No tender breasts, no unusual gassy-ness, no frequent urination, no nausea.
But considering the fact that I'm very familiar with my cycles and know for a fact when I ovulated...it seems like the only possibility. I didn't have any symptoms with my daughter, either, until around 6 weeks - just the conspicuous lack of spotting. With her, I didn't get a positive pregnancy test until 18DPO. So right now...I'm waiting. If I test tomorrow and it's negative, it will just drive me crazy(er). So I'm trying to hold out and wait until Wednesday, and if AF doesn't show, then test. *sigh* Anyone else waiting???

FluffyMamaBunny

Asked by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you are pregnant, then I want to say, "Congratulations!" You should be able to able figure out when your baby is due. With my 2nd ds, I knew when I had conceived. The nurse practitioner told me that my baby was due on a specific date. She was basing her due date estimate on when I began my period. I disagreed with her due date. I conceived on July 7th. I counted back 10 days, which is June 27th, and then counted 10 months. My ds was born on March 27th at about the same time I conceived him. He was born 5 minutes after midnight. When we called my family to let them know that my ds had arrived, It was still March 26th there, and it was my nephew's birthday:) LOL

During the 1st month and before I missed my period, I was so tired and I felt bloated. I couldn't wait to take the pregnancy test.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 8:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I tested this morning and got a faint positive. By my LMP, they will tell me I'm due Nov 6 - but by my ovulation date, I'm due Nov 16. Called my doc for appointment - having had multiple miscarriages before, I am treated as high risk. I LOVE my doctor for that reason. He does everything he can to make me feel safe and healthy. So he called in a prescription for a progesterone supplement and I'll go in for bloodwork Thursday morning. :) I'll test again Wednesday just to see the line get darker.
    The funny thing is, I had an ultrasound to look at my ovaries (doctor trying to determine if I have PCOS), just a few days ago. I wonder if they saw anything then, just the little blastocyst starting to embed....
    And I was wrong about the symptoms - every time I've been pregnant, I ALWAYS want fried chicken! Last couple days, that's what I've wanted.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Comment by FluffyMamaBunny (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011