2 yr old in a movie theater?

my 4 yr old really wants to go see that gnome movie... i promised i would take him today.. and my mom was supposed to babysit my 2yr old son... but she backed out and am left without a sitter.. do i dare to take my 2yr old also or save it for another day...

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's hard to say! My 2 year old, NO WAY. But I have seen them be just fine too. Mine would freak out from the loudness and the big screen and start screaming. She does it at home to our big screen. I don't want to put her through it and I don't want to be disruptive to others who paid to see the movie.

If you can't go you can't go. It's just a lesson for your child that sometimes things don't work out the way we plan.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• you know the temperament of your 2 yr old.... what do you think?

can you go with another mom and her child in case you have to take the 2 yr old out of the theater?

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If you think he has an attention span that is long enough, then take him. My son has gone to a few movies and he went to his first one at 26 months. We never had problems with him. If you don't think he can handle it then I would postpone the trip.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Most 2 year olds don't handle the theater well enough. I'd wait
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My son, who is now seven, went to the movies at two with no problems at all. It was the one place where he was quiet and paid attention.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• my dd went to see shrek right before she turned 2...that being said, she loves shrek, and we started getting her excited about it when we first started seeing the commercials for it....and she sat through the entire thing...we've been to a few movies since and we've had to leave half way through one of them..it's up to you, if you think your little one has the attention span then by all means go for it...most parents will understand, since it's a kids movie...just make sure to get snacks! good luck!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 12:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• We never had a problem at age 2. It just depends on the child.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My kids were never allowed to go to the movies before they were 5 yrs old. This is because I didnt want to have to leave the movies and waste any money. Movies arent cheap.

Answer by gemgem at 12:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It would depend on your 2yr old mine cant sit thru one but my friends 23 month old sat thru 2 already so it just depend on your child i think
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If it's a movie the two year old would like I don't see a problem with it. I've taken my two year old. I took her when I went to see the Harry Potter movies. She loves the books and was begging to see the movies.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2011