Induction

I'm going in for induction today, does anyone have any advice for me on labor and delivery? I'm pretty scared. This is my second child but my first was 12 1/2 years ago so i forgot everything . So actually i am terrified!! Someone please give me some uplifting words.

malleymom106

Asked by malleymom106 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Take the meds...inductions are a little more rough....but you can do it mama, and it'll be so worth it when your done :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 12:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Relax and go have that baby, when youre in the moment it will all come back to you from 12 years ago. Take your doctors advice when he gives it to you. Breathe, youll be ok. GL
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Enjoy it! Inductions aren't always harder. I had my daughter after only 6 hours of being on the potocine. Just think, after everything, you'll have your baby in your arms! Good luck and congrats mama!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Just remember that you will probably go straight into hard labor. (At least I did) It was easier for me to sit up during labor. Just lean to one side when the pain hits. Do breathing exercises. In through nose, out through mouth.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Remember to take it easy and relax. I know this much easier said than done. I was induced with 2 of my 3 children and it wasn't that bad. One things i would say is if you walk than walk. With my last child I was stubborn and sat for about 1 hour, I was in a lot of pain and when I stood up the reason I was in pain was because her head was right there.

I will also say that both of my inductions did last long, my first was 4 1/2 hours and my second was 6 hours. Also, try and find something that calms you down. I remember bringing in music to listen to and it really helped.

Good Luck and congrats!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yep take any meds they offer. I have had 3 inductions and 2 of them were awful compared to the others. The first induction I didnt use Pitocin so that is why it wasnt as bad, they just popped my water. With the other 2 I had pitocin and omg the contractions sucked. Also remember to breathe, and if nothing happens in the first couple of hours thats normal too. I think it took around 2 hrs with my inductions to even notice anything.

Answer by gemgem at 12:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I had 2 inductions. One with no meds. Neither were that bad. I had my doctor hold off on breaking my water. It doesn't hurt bad at all until the water breaks. It's the part after that hurts.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 12:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have had three inductions. They were all just fine. But they were all different. My first induction was really slow and they used pitocin. The last one I had, I didn't even have pitocin and it was so fast! So what I'm saying is you are going to have your own experience.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Just relax as much as you can. I was induced with my second and it went perfectly fine. It took 5 hours from start until I delivered. I found the contractions to be no worse with that baby than going into labor on my own with my first. All you can do is just relax and if you want pain medication, don't be afraid to ask.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Well being induced sucks. pitocin is the devil. it creeps up on you so fast.. You'll do fine though!. Congrats on the new baby
    masonbunch

Answer by masonbunch at 5:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2011