If you had an epidural

Do you still have pain in your back where the epidural was?

(I'm not pregnant or anything, I'm just wondering because everyone I know that had one continues to have pain there years later.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Health

• I developed pain a few years later and it got so bad that I was in pain 24/7 for a few years.  I started seeing a chiropractor out of sheer desperation and I no longer have chronic pain but I have to watch how much strain I put on my back.

I had my epidural 14 years ago today lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes I do. Since I got it with my son and he will be two on the 21st.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 12:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• YES. But it was weird-it happened randomly and hasn't gone away. Right after DS was born I was fine and up and about. About two months later I woke up and was sore all over, but especially in that spot. It felt like a metal rod was in that area. I went to a chiropractor for awhile and its gotten a little better but I still have days when its really sore. When my husband puts pressure on it, it'll hurt but feel good at the same time.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes I do!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• no its been three years and i have never had problems from it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• ive had the epidural and never had pain in my back where it was administered. The people who do should get that checked out, maybe the anestesiologist hit a nerve or something. Its better to get it checked out, what if it progresses into something bigger?
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No, and it's been 3 years. Never had problems either.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I had 3 eps in my back and i bend 2 needles before and my back is fine i guess it depend on the person.
    monteza3

Answer by monteza3 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I did with my first, but that one aslo came in one-sided . . . half of my body was numb, the other half, totally in pain. My second was perfect . . . . perfect anasthesia and no pain afterward.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Nurse set me up too soon and I had BAD migraines for months. Some of the spinal fluid leaked out. Couldn't even sit up without taking a pain pill first. Try breast feeding laying down. Not easy.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011