in the middle of the night i wake up with awful pain in my ear that i have been laying on deep in side my ear no problems when i am awake could my pillow be to hard?

ear,pain in ears, sleep ,hurt

ELLIEAWNA

Asked by ELLIEAWNA at 5:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Health

• Is it always the same ear? I have TN (trigeminal neuralgia). I had excruciating pain in my ear - I thought I had an ear infection. I went to a neurologist who diagnosed me and gave me meds to help take the horrible pain away.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I also get ear pain in my ear- especially if I stay on one side for too long. For me, I don't think it's the pillow. I have TMJ and I have to wear a bite guard at night. My ear pain is worse when I forget by bite guard or if I've been clenching my teeth alot. I actually got my TMJ diagnosed because my ears were bothering me so much and no one could figure it out but my dentist. The bite guard has helped me tremendously. Do you clench your teeth or grind your teeth? That could be the cause.
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Trigenimal neuralogia is not very common in young people. I hope you are feeling better.
    Anonymous