what can i do, my 15 year old daughter is pregnant and wants the baby and yells at me all the time what do i do?!?!?!?!

oh so my 15 year old daughter is pregnant so she says but i dont want her to be pregnant and she refuses to tell me who the father is, i think its her boyfriend but she keeps saying that its not that she cheated on him because he wouldnt get her pregnant because he is afraid of me, what do i do, do i believe that its not her boyfriends or do i go with my intuition???? any help here

catwomen433

Asked by catwomen433 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Wow......You certainly have a rough situation on your hands and I feel for you. Fifteen is still a baby herself, even though she probably doesn't think so. I would go with my gut instinct especially if I was very aware of the relationship and knew my daughter better then anybody else does. I think the first step would be to verify the pregnancy and go from there. I hope this all works out for you. Good luck.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Ditto. First step is to find out for sure that she is really pregnant and then deal with the rest from there. Best of luck in a difficult situation.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 5:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• How about you leave it for the moment and let your daughter calm down and come to you with that answer when she is ready.

Instead of being mad at her for what has happened - because you cant change it...support her and help her decide how she is going to deal with this. Let her make the decision and dont try to persuade her to do something she may regret.

Imagine how scarey it must be to be pregnant at age...try to be understanding and try to not judge her - she needs your support.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I agree with the pp, stop trying to bully her, because that's how she sees it. Let her come to you when she's ready....you are making things worse by yelling and trying to pry the info out of her.
    Anonymous

• if she really is pregnant let reality slap her in the face first..and make her get a job.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 6:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I would say support her as much you can. She is your daughter. Give her options adoption, keeping the baby ect.. Why would she want to become pregnant at such a young age? Something is missing in her life. Usually kids who go out and just have babies on purpose are missing love. That is always the excuse I hear. I will have someone to love me and I will have someone to love. Not saying you don't love her. But something is up that she actually WANTED a baby. Heck I was 19 when I had my 1st. It takes a lot to raise a child. I didn't even think about having kids at that age. But sex wasn't on my mind either. I was to busy trying to get my life straight. Not that it wasn't. But I wanted to do well for myself.
    Anonymous

• Don't baby her. Let her calm down. If she turns out to be pregnant, let her learn on her own. Be there for support, but don't raise the grandchild. Encourage to finish school/get a job/ and raise the child. As far as the father, check your state laws. Since she is a minor, you may have the right to make her have a DNA test and find out who the father is with the boys she is seeing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Tell her the importance of good prenatal care. Get her to a doctor, health dept or planned parenthood office. They will let you know if she's pregnant. As for the father, you can't find out that until a DNA is done after birth so don't pressure her for who the dad is. What about rape? Could she have been raped? Does she have a neighbor, teacher, coach, step dad or uncle who might have forced her? If it was an adult he could have threatened her to keep quiet about who the father is and just let you think it's the bf's. Just get through one thing at a time though. Get her to a doctor.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Ok first off it sounds like this kid has alot of issues by even saying that she cheated on her BF cause he wouldnt get her pregnant WOW she is still a baby and she needs a ass kicking and maybe needed more as a kid..... and you saying she is pregnant "so she says" and I dont want her to be!!! OMG grow up get the kid to a Dr and find out if she is or isnt and saying you dont want her to be is not going to change anything!! She doesnt sound ready to have a child, girls bodys at that age are not even done developing and its harmfull on them to have babies...
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• CONT.......I dont agree with this in many situations but my daughter would never be having this baby and yea yea those of you who go on and on about adoption but only a percentage of kids even get adopted and the rest get put into the system which is usually a crock but either way she would not be keeping a baby at that age if it were my DD.... this is a way screwed up situation but i wish you luck
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2008