Looking for a great on-line school. Any students? Tell me how you like it? Is it expensive and have you received any job offers? Is the degree respected with possible employers?

Tell me how you like it ? Is it expensive? Have you received any job offers? Do employers respect the degree or is in not treated comparably?

Has anyone been ripped off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

• Search your state and community colleges because many colleges and universities have online courses now. It's really up to you to do the research on online colleges. There are plenty of good ones that are very respected. Online 4 year colleges are the same price as f2f colleges from my experience.
    Good Luck!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Stay away from the Univ of Phoenix! Their only concern is to sell the online courses and there was a class lawsuit going on a while back - check out ripoff.com.
    Anonymous

• What kind of job are you looking for? What kind of on-line classes do you need?
    smboutique

Answer by smboutique at 8:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I went through an online program with my local state college. It worked well for me because I could manage my classes around my family. I did go to the college for final exams for some classes. It might be more affordable to go with something local because you can get in-state tuition. Plus, if you have to, you may get student loans. I decided to start my own business through Scentsy, so I haven't applied for jobs. Good luck.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 9:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2008