Do you

think its bad to spoil your kids?

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• No I dont. I think there is a difference in spoiling them and raising them with a sense of entitlement. My kids can earn whatever they want, and I will provide them with better then decent clothes because I prefer my kids to have nice clothes (nothng to do with spoiling everything to do with me).

Answer by gemgem at 12:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My kids are spoiled rotten :) It's one thing when you do it and don't discipline at all, it's another to have rules and discipline and to spoil them. IMO, of course. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No I don't think its wrong. I've done it with all 4 of mine.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• As long as they deserve to be spoiled I think its wonderful!!
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 1:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes

Answer by rkoloms at 2:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Hmm.. I wonder if we have different definitions of what it means to spoil a kid. Spoiling a child means you are overindulging and excessively praising/pampering a kid and this results in character flaws (I looked up the def to make sure I was thinking about it right). So yeah, I think it's a bad thing to do. This is different than just giving a kid the attention and stuff they deserve... a spoiled kid is taught bad traits and attitudes. But clearly everyone's idea of what will spoil a kid is different, so each parent has to use their best judgement.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Depends on what you consider spoiling. Time spent with them and lots of love isn't spoiling. Kids that are demanding, rude and have little to no discipline are ones that people think of as spoiled due to their behavior. I think the word spoiled is so misused!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 9:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• no
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011