Dogs getting out and disapline

My dog is almost a year old and still dose not respond to disciplines any type.

Here is what he is doing...things we have tried

getting out of the fence (dose not run off just gets out)... kennel when he gets back in, watching him while he is out

steeling toys from are older dog (who gets mad)... smack on the nose to puppy, smack on nose to adult, tack toy give another toy that is not being played with, leave it tack it techniques

wont calm down... push to side (make lay down) stay down tell calms down, smacking on nose

chewing on things ...better yuck and trading out for a toy

eating socks hole... idk what to do

jumping... push down say no jump, turning away from him, soft knee to chest, smack on nose

there are others but theses are major concerns what can i do i dont believe in shock collars even at a very low vault age but it is getting to that point water battle dose not work, bopping him on the nose dose not work, yelling dose not work and positive motivation when he dose good dose not work what can i do!!!!!

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pets

• Sounds like puppy behavior to me :( I definitely don't think hitting him is the way to go at all....you dont hit your kids do you? How much attentions does he get from you aday. Even taking 15-20 minutes brushing and teaching him new tricks will stimulating enough to calm him down. Try different kinds of chewy's like Cow hooves you can get them from pet-co they are the best! Does he get enough exercise? I do know that my pup is way better behaved if i take him to a dog park and run around for a bit. Good luck!!!

lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 1:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• What kind of dog do you have? some dogs take forever to train or to mature. We had a lab and she drove me nuts for years, when she was about 3 she got better. then she was the perfect dog.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• he is a German sphered coli mix normally shepherds are very hyper but they tack to training so well. he dosent ill my other dogs have taken to my training style perfect and i normally dont have to use force or hitting but not him. and the other two was a pit and a sheperd wolf
    blinkys11

Comment by blinkys11 (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• First thing you need to do is to STOP HITTING YOUR DOG! That solves nothing. When the younger dog takes something from the older dog. The older dog is within their rights to tell the younger dog off. You are interfering when you should not. The younger dog has poor doggie manners and the older dog is tryi8ng to teach him but you are not letting him/her. If the younger dog has pent up energy it sounds like you are not giving him enough to do. Take him running or to a dog park. Get him out more so that he can burn that energy. Chewing is pretty normal but he could be doing this out of bordem, again get him out more. Give him toys that are not easily detroyed. Don't leave anything arounf that he can eat and that will solve the eating the sock problem. When he jumps continue to turn your back. Do not talk, touch or make eye contact when he jumps. Encourage him to sit as he approaches people.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Stop hitting your dogs. Seriously!

Also, it's take. TACK is something you use on a horse.

Now that that is out of the way, try retraining your dogs. Take Kyliesmom's advice...just stop hitting your poor dogs.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 3:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011