My dd 2 has had fevers for 2 weeks already I took her to her doctor already 5 times and call him everyday he has put her on two antibiotics and she still sick..

We had blood work done and it looked normal she does have a cough and runny nose I've gone through two bottles of Tylenol already and nothing of did i mention diarrhea as well last night she was burning up she was running a fever of 103.9 I call the doctor and he said give her a cool bath with alcohol wth can be wrong with her please help with advise I'm taking her the ER TODAY.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you have to take her to Dr again or ER then get a second opinion.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i would take her to the ER
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• they may be able to do more work to find out what is wrong, continued from my first post
    2boysyahoo.com

• It's probably a viral infection, not bacterial and that's why the antibiotics aren't working. The body has to fight those off on their own, so keeping the body strong to do so is important. Vitamin C, Fluids etc. Keep that fever down. But keep going in if you can't take the fever down with tylenol or motrin.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Ask them to do a flu test at the ER. My little guy was doing the same thing when he had the flu. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 1:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Poor baby.. and poor mom. Have they done a white blood cell count? This can help tell if it's viral or bacterial. High WBC count usually means a bacterial infection, while low counts is more likely to be a viral infection. At least then you know what you are dealing with.

If it's viral, ask about anti-viral meds. These are available for some illnesses and can help reduce the duration/severity.

Does she have the flu? They can test for that pretty easy, and at least then you will know what you are fighting.

The antibiotics are probably giving her diarrhea - it kills all bacteria including the good ones that help us digest food. Give her probiotics - it takes a few days to kick in but will reverse the diarrhea. Culturelle Kids or FloraStor Kids are sold at CVS - just put it in a cold drink or yogurt/applesauce and she will never know. When on antibiotics, give her 2ce the normal dose. Ask the doc if you have questions
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• sounds to me like Roseola...Three Day Measles. My kids have all had it. My oldest ran 103 for a week and a half, finally it went to 105.3 and I took him to ER (he had been in the pedi office EVERYDAY) They gave him more Tylenol and the fever suddenly dropped so fast his fingers turned blue. He stayed fever free and I called the dr after we were released and he said to look for a flat red rash and that it would last another 3-5 days, sure enough, within the hour rash appeared, lasted 4 days and was gone...good luck
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 4:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2011