What will ahppen at this next appointment?

I will be 23 weeks, anything special? when do they start checking the cervix....? Ugh. I already drank that sugary drink last time and got blood taken

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They'll probably just do a routine check-up and tell you how your glucose test went. If you're having a normal no-issues pregnancy, they probably won't check your cervix until you're about 36 weeks =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• no nothing really just blood pressure and heart beat
    Anonymous

• *sigh, well that's good. With my son everything was normal and they still checked my cervix every other visit.... GRR. Hopefully not this time
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It all depends on who the OB is and how busy they are my ppl couldnt squeeze me in until my 26th week to do the glucose test, its all because of the baby boom - whats really going to frustrate you is when they switch you from four weeks to two weeks - you call in to work to say your going to be late, you go to the doc, pee in a cup and they sit you in a room for like ten minutes all just to tell you your doing fine and you can go home... and nothing gets interesting... i did hear that by the time you have every week visits it gets a little better but its still pretty much you waiting on the edge of that paper covered table, for information they could have told you over the phone.
    leapyear

Answer by leapyear at 6:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• "its still pretty much you waiting on the edge of that paper covered table, for information they could have told you over the phone."

Wow, you just described every single one of my OB visits! HAHA. We were there for 45 minutes at my last appointment...we only spend about five minutes total in actual conversation with the doctor. The rest was waiting in the waiting room, peeing, getting my weight and blood pressure taken, and sitting there on that uncomfortable table. Blah! I'm glad I'll be 37 weeks at my next appointment so at least something interesting and different will happen.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It depends on your history. I have a history of having my babies early, not super early (earliest was for weeks) , so with my last pregnancy they did the FFN test at 23 weeks to see if I was at risk for pre-term labor. The first time it was negative, they tested again at 26 weeks and it came back positive.  The next day I was given a shot to help mature the babies lung and then again the day after that .  They did a few other things to help prevent her from being early, but my water broke at exactly 32 weeks.  I guess the test was right.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2008