Has anyone ever went to doctor and they found no heartbeat? then later they found it the doctor wanted to do a d&c but i didnt let it happen i am not giving up hope

vbostic

Asked by vbostic at 1:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• OMG yes it happened to me with my second child. Before her I had a miscarrage so when i went to my first appointment to hear the heart beat they couldn't find one i immediately started balling my eyes out so the rushed me over to get an ultrasound and sure enough there it was, i don't know your body type but i have some belly fat and they said it was because of that that they couldn't find the heartbeat the first time.
    nevsammomma

Answer by nevsammomma at 1:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My dd was pregnant with my grandson and they couldnt find his heartbeat either. They were going to do a D&C on her and they did a ultrasound (she was in ER from dehydration) and they found it then. She just wasnt as far along as they thought she was so his heart beat wasnt coming up like they thought it would.

Answer by gemgem at 1:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have. It was so heart breaking. I was 22 weeks pregnant. I refused so I saw another doctor and he found the heartbeat.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes!  This happened to my good friend.  Good for you for waiting!  She didn't wait, unfortunately.  The baby was alive.  Kudos to you!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I had a talk with another gal. Her friend went in, they told her there was no heartbeat, did a d&c, and said...oops...baby was still alive...

You're body most of the time will take care of a miscarriage (if it's truly a miscarriage) on it's own. Very rarely are D&C's actually "needed". Sorry for the stress you are going through, though. :(
    srbeusk

Answer by srbeusk at 2:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Doctorks mess up all the time when it comes to this. Good for you for not letting him do a D&C. I have never had it happen, but there are so many woman that it had. Did he even try to do an ultrasound before recommending the D&C?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No, that never happened to me.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Well with my twins we have to do an ultrasound at every visit becuase they are still having a hard time listening to the heartbeats.My boys move around alot and sometimes they only hear one so they do an ultrasound just to make sure.
    ashley9603

Answer by ashley9603 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Um when I was 6 weeks pregnant and they tried to do and U/S they couldn't find the heartbeat but I was very reassured that some times at only 6 weeks the heartbeat is hard to hear and find. But at 8 weeks i had another u/s and heard his heartbeat and it was very strong and healthy..He is now a one yr old little boy!!! Wish you the best!
    Alcavin08

Answer by Alcavin08 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2011