How many mommies sit down with their family for meals?

This is something I recently started doing and has been very influencial on my family. When I grew up we never sat down for meals together only for the major holidays. In my home I am trying to bring my family together and realized that I have to take my parenting skills way back. What do you mommies think?

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 1:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• IM THE SAME WAY...MY FAMILY NEVER DID IT WHEN I WAS GROWING UP BUT I DO IT WITH MY TWO KIDS BECAUSE I FEEL FAMILY IS VERY IMPORTANT AND NOT TOO,MANY PEOPLE DO...AND I THINK FAMILIES ARE NOT WHAT THEY USE TO BE AND ITS SAD FOR THE CHILDREN...BLESS YOU
    lena695

Answer by lena695 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My husband was raised this way (not me), and since we've been together (4 years) we've sat as a family for dinner, even on leftovers/ fend for yourself night. It has made a huge difference in communicating with my teenagers! We can talk about our days, hear about upcoming events, know all the high school gossip (uh, yea), and just stay connected. I recommend it to everyone!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 1:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I never had a family to have dinner with either as a child. But I always sit down with my kids for dinner. It is very healthy for a family.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• ALWAYS
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Sitting down for a family meal ... what's that?  LOL.  Not something we did when I was growing up, and truthfully not something we do now.  We all eat different things, at different times.  That's just us and I'm okay with it :) 

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I do every night. Sometimes that sit down is in the living room if we're having pizza or something like that, but we have dinner together as a family every single night. Well...there might be the rare occasion that my boyfriend and I go out for dinner, or something like that, but it is very rare.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I never did growing up, different schedules. Right now the kids are young so we at least always eat dinner together (at least 3 of the 4 of us, DH doesn't usually make it for dinner during the week)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• We do every night Monday through Friday. Saturdays and Sundays are up in the air as sometimes DH and I will go on a date and grandma will watch the boys (so she feeds them dinner), or we all eat out together..
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• every night
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• 4 out of 7 nights we do. The other three nights my husband is working.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2011