Will you dress your boy in all blue or your girl in all pink?

I'm having a girl and I told myself I wasn't going to do the all pink thing... WELL... we have lots of pink clothes and they are so dang cute!
Just wondering if you guys are doing the typical

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my baby boy clothes are so many colors. I have 2 boys. Now we are expecting baby #3 and we do not know what we are having. I want to pick up 2 little girl outfits for just in case it's a girl. Seems all newborn girl stuff is light pink. Annoying!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• ha i wanted greens and yellows even blue for my lil girl but now that everyone knows 'its a girl' they only get us pink stuff, and finding diff types of girl clothes in any other color is so hard!
    leapyear

Answer by leapyear at 6:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yeah, I have some greens, yellows and blues but mostly they are ALL pink!! I still think it's cute though. I think girls clothes are adorable no matter what color. We have lots of colors for our son, so I don't feel too bad doing the all pink thing this time. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I am also very frustrated by this! I wish there were cuter girl clothes in other colors (like red, green, yellow), but I can't find much, and what I can find isn't quite my taste. I'm thinking of just giving up on trying to find things retail and sewing a lot of her clothes myself.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It is nearly impossible to dress a girl in anything else. I told my self the same thing but when I shopped all there was is pink. A get purple, and light blue WHENEVER possible. lol
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 6:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Oh you know it =]

I have a lot of stuff in other colors, but I've naturally gravitated towards pink and purple stuff. I dunno, it just seems to be cuter to me. If anyone dares to call my daughter a boy I'll smack them. Who would dress a boy in all-pink clothes?! O.o
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I dressed my daughter in a lot of pink for sure! I found that by sticking to pink or purple, I could usually avoid the embarrassing "oh he's so cute" (even though my daughter had a full head of long blonde hair by a couple of months!) or people asking the sex of my baby. For me, it was just simpler I guess. I love pink, but I REALLY loved not having to tell people she was a girl! lol. (I appreciate it when other people stick to blue or pink too, because sometimes you just can't tell!)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• lol cait
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• we didnt find out what we were having so for the first couple weeks he was dressed in yellows n greens but now... if its cute i get it... i dont worry bout the color
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I have 5 kids and the boys always wore blue, gray, some sage colors, black etc. My oldest girl was all pink then she decided she loved lavendar so thats her "signature color" even now at 19. My baby girl whose 3.5 loves pink and thats pretty much all she wears and when we shop all she picks.

Answer by gemgem at 6:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008