Does it...

Does the mucus plug always have to be bloody or can it be clear? I think I have been losing my mucus plug because I am losing clear slimy stuff the last 3 days (and a lot of it). It's not like discharge and there's quite a bit of it. If I lose it was does it mean? 35w4d preg.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My OB told em that it doesn't ALWAYS have to be bloody and your can lose it little by little not all at once too.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My mucus plug was clear and I went into labor within 24 hrs. You may want to contact your Dr. Good Luck!
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i lost my mucus plug 2 or 3 weeks before i had my daughter. It's really nothing to worry about unless you start having contractions or unless your water breaks. It's just a natural process that means your body is preparing for the coming of the child. And some people never lose they're mucus plug so don't put alot of stock into losing it now. And mine wasn't bloody at all. But if you have concerns, call your dr. they get tons of questions all the time and would rather someone call than sit around worried.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 6:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2008