Would you be upset if your child came home from school today and told your this?

Our teacher today told us that even though Santa Claus makes the toys and delivers them all, he still sends the bill to your parents. It was the teachers way of explaining why some children get more from Santa Claus then other children.

slick05

Asked by slick05 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• Oh wow.... I'd be pissed about that. ALSO today a lot of people don't participate in the "Santa Claus" thing and that teacher could get into a LOT of trouble. That's kinda bullshit.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Ya, she should have told the children to talk to their parents about it.
    Anonymous

• Nah I dont think she should be explaining finances to the kids which is basically what shes doing. My kids have had awesome christmas' and not so awesome. I tell them (or told them since some are older) santa makes all the gifts and delivers them on christmas eve. I even said sometimes since santa is old he drops stuff at grandma and grandpas and aunts and uncles which is why we have to go pick them up on christmas day. I said it might be santas way to make sure everyone gets to see you smile for christmas.

Answer by gemgem at 6:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I totally agree with pp!! I would be PISSED!! That is just wrong. That teacher could get in trouble. Some people first of all dont even do Santa. secondly "he send the bills"? wtf? At that I would think kids would be mad at their santa. Also I just dont think santa is a good subject for school. There could be kids in the class who dont even celebrate christmas, and that culd offend them. I am sure parents of those non christmas celebraters would be pretty pissed that subject is even being discussed. Then there is the belief in santa being so contravursal with kids (though idk how old ur child is). To answer ur real Q though...yeah I'd pissed and I might even have to call the teacher or principal about that one!! Simply NOT acceptable for sooo many reasons!!!

xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'd be upset because I do not teach Santa Clause to my children.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Id be pissed too. Im sure she had "good intentions" BUT she should not have brought it up. If any kids asked then she should have just smiled and told them to ask their parents!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• yeah, i'd be pissed.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 6:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Dear Santa Clause,
    Please do not bring me that bike I saw at Target last Saturday. Or the X-box game I asked for. I just over heard my mom tell my Aunt Linda that she just finnished paying of last year's Christmas and now it time to do it all over again. Why do you charge so much? Well, anyway my mom works real hard and I think I'll just settle for a new pair of jeans. Thanks.
    Jimmy
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008