Can you go skating when you are pregnant?

The reason I ask is because I have a cousin (he has cyrbal palsy) my aunt and uncle are having a party for him at the roller rink she is renting all the kids skates adults have to rent their own. I love skating, but haven't went since I was a teen my kids are almost 6 and 3 years they never went skating so I know they will probably need someone out on the floor with them. My DH is big so he says he isn't getting on skates lol. Can I get on skates while pregnant? at the time I go I think I will be about 21 weeks pregnant.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would feel bad if my kids can't skate because I can't go
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• umm, it really doesn't sound like a good idea, esp. if you're helping your children skate, if they fall, they'll pull you down with them
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i went ice skating and snowboarding when i was. just make sure you're careful
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No! You want to stay away from any activity that could cause you to fall and hurt the baby. I know its a bummer but would you really want to put your baby in danger?
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If you are good at skating then go for it but be extra careful of others so they don't cause you to trip and fall.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Can you? Sure you can do whatever you want. Should you? Probably not.

Answer by gemgem at 2:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I did but I've been skating for years(1st job was at a skating rink) I'd say it depends on your skill level
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 2:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• As long as you do not fall down it will be ok. I think.

Answer by louise2 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• You absolutely can IF you are a solid skater who is extremely comfortable. A friend of mine was on ice skates without incident into her 8th month of pregnancy. It doesn't sound like it's a good idea for you because it's been a long time since you were on skates. :( Is there another family member who would be willing to take your kids out on the rink?
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No this is not a good idea. You can cause strain to the uterus. Maybe you can pay a babysitter to do the skating with your children or a family member. Hugs
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 2:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2011