What should I get my "in laws" for christmas?

Here are some things my "in laws" (boyfriends parents) are into- gardening, herbs, birds, enya, phil collins, other various music. Past christmases we have given them bird feeders ( a few times), framed pictures of our kids, tools. They are in their early 60's. I do not know what to get these people this year, especially without much money. Any suggestions? Pleeeeease!

snoober_k

Asked by snoober_k at 6:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Just go with a GC. Like best buy, tickemaster or even to a restaurant so that they can enjoy a night out together:)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Try something homemade too. Grandparents love that stuff. Even young ppl too! lol Have your kids make a bird feeder or something. I would consider buying a plain white bird bath and have your kids decorate it with their handprints and names!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I get my parents & inlaws new robes and bedroom slippers. They always seem to like those ecspecially if you can find the comfy ones and it wont cost you much.
    Anonymous

• if you like making stuff go to DIY.com there are lots of ideas on there for cheap
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 6:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• steph319- the bird bath is an awesome freaking idea!
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 7:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• This year I'm having the kids make them stuff. I never know what to get mine either. I'll probably give them a framed photo of the kids too. We don't have a lot of money to spend either, so that seems like a good idea to me!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Pictures are nice but so overdone. If you have the capability, why not put together a slideshow set to music and burn it to a DVD or CD? It could be a compilation of any and all kinds of pictures. I did this one year for the entire family because none of us really needed anything and it was the hit of our xmas season. I continue to do it every year but more so as a remembrance for myself than as a gift for anyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Movie Tickets or restaurant gift card
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 4:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• if they like herbs and gardening what about an indoor plant box to grow fresh herbs. Then they can have them all year round? That is unless they dont already have one. You could even decorate by painting flowers on it and using pics of your kids faces as the centers of the flowers with a saying like "Our love for you grows more and more each day!"
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• We are making all of our parents and grandparents homemade sugar cookies. It is something that we do every year and they love them. Also, for our grandparents we got them all a photo album last year with some pictures in it, with lots of room to put more pictures every year.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2008