How can you pass judgement on someone based on weight?

I think that food and trying to control it is a personal thing that is hard. It is different than alcholoics b/c they can just stop drinking. You cannot just stop eating, I know what I should eat and I try, then sometimes those old habits come in and I am eating junk. It is a struggle and how dare some one want to take the pizza out of my cart!

you don't know the struggle of others!!

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Health

• good

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• there there a like button or a thumbs up button for a question? LOL..I am not overwight, but my DH is so I was upset when I read that other post
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I couldn't agree with you more! I think some people feel better about themselves by putting others down!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 2:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I get what you're saying but for the record, alcoholics can't just 'stop drinking...'

But I understand what you meant.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 2:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• good for you for not being Anon :)

I am fat & proud myself. Sometimes I eat spinach salads and boiled chicken. And often I eat a pepsi and a yogurt. I am active, keep closer track of my heart, blood pressure, making sure I am not diabetic, etc. you can be skinny and sick. you can also be overweight and in good health. there's exceptions to every rule of course.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• clapping

I agree.  No one knows what someone else is going through.  It's difficult.  I quit smoking many years ago and gained weight.  I have struggled with my weight since then.  Quitting smoking was easy compared to this. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I am overweight....and I have dealt with people like that on occasion.....My wish for them is to be treated exactly as they have treated me...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If it is a stranger, then you dont know the whole story and really shouldnt pass judgement... but if you know the story then perhaps you CAN have an opinion.

Anonymous

• I don't pass judgement on heavier set people. I had a friend in school who was a little bigger and couldn't help it. She ate healthy, exercised, did everything right, but could not lose th weight. Some people are just judgemental and do not realize that it is not always the persons fault.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I can't stand people who Put other people down because they think they are "BETTER" then you!! their attitude makes them Butt Effing ugly. My friend is big but I still look at her as MY BEST FRIEND not overweight or anything. I think she is beautiful for being her!! Funny thing is My friend exercises has been on Diets and tried Diet pills And NOTHING has worked for her. Sometimes even if you can control your eating habits You still can't lose weight so what then you know? I don't looke at "fat" people as Fat. They are just bigger and still just as beautiful. :) Sorry if i sounded rude but its a touchy subject for me because to many times Ive had people hurt my friend because she's "fat". And it just pisses me off!! lol
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 2:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011