What experience has changed your outlook on life?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 2:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think that getting pregnant with my husband within 3 weeks of marriage was pretty life changing to me. I hadn't had a period in 3+ years and assumed I was infertile. So it cemented to me that I did in fact marry the correct person and life was on the right track.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• having kids :) i am more positive and i think i am a completely different person; a better person
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Holding my mom's hand as she died of cancer.....Two months later, holding my younger brothers hand while he died of cancer.....All this occuring 6 months after my father died unexpextedly....During that time period losing 2 babies to miscarriage...And before it was all over, being diagnosed with cancer myself......and then losing my sister-in-law to suicide because of all that had happened....I will never be the same.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I was once an addict. Then I would do the stupidest things to get my fix. It was a night when I think God was with me and made a believer out of me. I witness the weirdest (will not say due to the nature) thing and still made it out alive. Drugs was not a part of my life the following morning, I have been sober ever since.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 3:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If I had to pick one.

The experience that had the most affect on me and my view of life/people/the world and all that entails. Would have to be the few years I spent in the Peace Corps, and the time I spent travelling in/living in other parts of the world. I learned a lot about myself, a lot about people/humanity in general, what I really find relative and important in this world, learned that we are ALL just people (no matter where we are in this world) trying to live our lives the best we can and we all pretty much have the same hopes and dreams (happiness, family, healthy, etc). The world is really a small place, and it's peoples have more in common than not, that's one of the greatest lessons I learned.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• well seeing in my face that people help me and i dont know why but i follow them. After time i know that a was a ignorant girl after a was 18 years. I have open my eyes every single day learning, watching understanding how real life is not my fantasy wish life. i know that everybody has pass for diferent kinds of adversity, but when is my turn i have to stay and go on without any experience.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• having an affair
    Anonymous