• In the Spotlight:

car insurance

ok. so my car insurance lapsed. where i live its already geting pretty snowy and icey. i know we will have it taken care of soon but for the time being i cant help be so paranoid. my hubby drives like an hour or so away for work and its on main roads which is better but i dont know im still scared. have any of oyu ever been in my situation? if so how did you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm not sure how your laws are but that happened to my daughter and the state took away her license. I'd find a way to get some sort of coverage. Call around and get some quotes. It's just too dangerous to not have insurance plus the ticket she just got for not having it cost $130.00!!!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I know in my state you can lose your license and they will cancel your tags, so you have to pay to get them reinstated once you provide proof of insurance. I think, in the end, it's usually cheaper to just get some insurance than to take a chance and get caught w/o it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Oh, forgot my main point....Some states have a system in place where the insurance company notifies authorities and the DMV and such to let them know your insurance has lapsed. Then they kind of know to look for you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• In your situation, I'd go get some car insurance before I got my car impounded!
    Anonymous

• Havent been since being in NC because if it lapses even ONE day they send a letter asking you to pay a $50 fine and proof of insurance. If you dont then they take the car tag for 30 days.

Answer by gemgem at 7:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Get some quotes! some are very afforadble. its better to have some kind of coverage or pay the consequences.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2008