Do you believe in Karma?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 2:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I do believe in Karma, but I also think there is a lot of misunderstanding about what Karma is.

Karma is the idea that every action has a cause and an effect. It's action and reaction. Physics. It's not really some kind of external justice IMO though, since suffering and life are interconnected. 'Good' and 'bad' things happen to both 'good' and 'bad' people--to ALL people. It's how you handle the stuff that life throws at you that creates 'positive' or 'negative' Karma. It's not any kind of system of divine reward or punishment. We create our own Karma with our actions and reactions in life.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Definitely.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Being raised Hindu. I have a very devout belief in Karma.

I would like to say this.What I see many calling karma or referring to as Karma, is not really karma. Karma is not "do something bad, something bad happens. do something good,something good happens". Karma is basic physics, for every action there is a reaction, for every cause there is an affect essentially.What happens to me/what someone does to me is not my karma.How I respond to what happens to me/what someone does to me is what creates my karma. My karma is always being made, good and bad.Every thought, every action, everything I do creates my karma. Everything I do creates ripples in the universe, whether I see them or not. Those ripples also add to my karma. Karma is the sum of my actions in this lifetime that will carry into my next

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I sure do. What comes around goes around. Karma isn't about 'instant gratification' either, everyone has their time.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• yupp what goes around comes around!
    liv3laughlov3

Answer by liv3laughlov3 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I don't think that what I believe would be considered Karma. I believe that whatever I put out into the world as far as positivity and negativity goes, it will eventually make its way back around to me. If I do something positive, I will be rewarded with positive things. If I do something negative, negativity will come back to me. To me, it's a form of natural reward/punishment.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 4:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes I do.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• no. i don't believe in karma at all. i've seen too much evil been given everything and to much good have everything taken away
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes I do.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes I do!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 3:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2011