• In the Spotlight:

Does this mean I am bi?

I have sex with males and females in my dreams (not at the same time) is my subconscious trying to tell me something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Are you sexually attracted to both males and females? If you are, then you are bisexual, yes...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I've had dreams like that. But I dont' think it means your Bi. Thats like having a dream your pregnant and automatically assuming your pregnant. Or having a dream you murdered someone and then considering yourself a murderer. lol. (not trying to moch you I promise because at some point ive had this same question! lol) :)
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 3:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It's possible, but not definitive. You may be bisexual, but you may just be having those dreams because you have a close relationship with males and females. Think about how you see people in your waking life. Do you find yourself attracted to men and women? Do you fantasize about men and women? Think about things like that. Those answers will help you more than your dreams will because sexual dreams do not always have to do with real life sexuality.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I think that sometimes we are too rigid with sexual orientation... putting people into straight/gay/bi categories. Sexuality is really fluid, there is a lot of gray area between those categories. Trying to put a name to sexuality is like trying to pin water to a wall! And dreams are even moreso... I had a dream that I murdered someone, I had a dream that I had sex with my BIL (who I probably find to be the LEAST desirable man on the planet!!!) The subconscious can throw out some crazy stuff... I wouldn't read too much into it!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• it means nothing, unless you are attracted to both during your waking hours. heck, i dreamed about john cusack over the weekend..i'm not even a fan of his, much less attracted to him. it was just a dream, op.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i have dreams like that too.
    but it doest mean im bi. i cannot control what i dream at night.
    liv3laughlov3

Answer by liv3laughlov3 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Everyone has dreams like that. It's normal. Are you attracted to women when awake?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Not always. If you are having sex with men and women in real life then you're bi.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Unless you act upon your dreams then no.
    If you were bi you would be attracted to males and females, and have relationships with males and females.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Naugh, you can dream all sorts of things but it doesn't make it real. Don't read to much into it!
    brenatens

Answer by brenatens at 3:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2011