For those who "don't" beleive in Santa

I was just wondering if any of you Moms that dont teach their kids about Santa. Do you at least teach them to respect those that do and not to ruin it for them? I love pretending with my dd and I was wondering if any parents out their remind their kids to "play along" with those who do.

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• I teach my kids about Santa but I have teenagers who obviously have figured out there isnt REALLY a santa and yes I have taught them to play along. I tell them if they dont then SANTA (me) wont bring them anything. They find it fun anyway to kinda go along with it for their little bro and sis and cousins.
    I will say this though. One of our cousins refuses to tell their son there is a Santa. He happens to also be a brat (sorry but he is). He was h aving a fit because the kids were opening presents and said that there was no santa. I was so pissed. I told her she needed to tell him to go along and she said whatever. Needless to say we wont go to christmas events if she and her kid are there.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't. I think my kids should be allowed to voice their opinion like anyone else. I actually didn't have to tell them Santa wasn't real, they knew all on their own(I tried the whole santa thing). Plus, I'm not good with lying to my kids so when they asked out right I told the truth.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My kids figured it out on their own but I always thought they would find out from somebody at school. You have to keep in mind that even though some parents may teach their kids to play along for those that still believe.....kids will be kids and they don't always behave the way they're told. Spilling the beans is a great example of that. It's a shame but it's reality.
    They tell because they can .... the little stinkers...lol
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I know that my dd will most likely find out from other kids. And thats fine. I cant avoid it. But I wish more parents would teach their kids to be more repectful to others instead of allowing them to "voice their opinion"
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• And Im talking about the kids who figured it out. Im talking the kids whos parents tell them outright that its a lie and expect that their kids will ruin it for others. I know parents like that and it bothers me. It has nothing to do with honesty. Its their selfish beleifs that other kids can't have an imagination. Dont we all have an imagination??
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Well, do the parents that choose to teach about Santa think that maybe I don't want their child telling my child that Santa is real? I won't tell my DD not to burst anyone's bubble.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 7:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Im not talking about general questions or convo. Im talking about those kids that try to make it a POINT to RUIN it for others!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008