Few days over due. Help :(

i neeeed to get this baby out of me. asap. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've heard if you walk a lot it'll encourage labor. Good luck and congrats
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 3:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Rearrange your thinking a bit. If you are only a few days past your due date, you aren't even to the mark of the normal length of a first time pregnancy. (First pregnancies last, on average, 41 weeks 1 day.) So, you've got time. Also, the actual due date the doctor gives you is plus or minus 10 days in either direction. So, no need to freak out yet. (And freaking out won't help get the baby out any faster.) I suggest doing some very relaxing activities, since these are the last few days you'll have before you'll be the mom of a newborn. Go get a pedicure, take a long bath, get a massage, relax and lounge about, read a good book, go shopping. You'll have a baby in your arms before you know it. Take the time now to have some "you" time.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 3:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Lots of walking, and sex if you can handle it.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Walking and sex might help if your cervix is already ripe. Otherwise you just have to stick it out until the baby and your body is ready.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 3:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Sleep as much as possible before you go into labor. Lol.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 3:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Has your doctor told you anything? I was only 2 days overdue when my doctor had me in to do an ultrasound and it showed my daughter was already over 8 lbs so they induced me
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Unfortunately there is not magic pill that you can take at home to get the ball rolling. Any home remedy isn't guaranteed to work. I know how you are feeling. I am small and when I get to week 36 in pregnancy I start crying almost every night because I am totally miserable. My husband tells me the baby will come when it's ready and that is not what I want to hear. When you are feeling sad think of all of us who have several months to go and you are almost done!!!

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Normal human gestation is from 38-42 weeks. It's normal to go past your due date.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• no shit lol but who wants to
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2011