Gifts from Santa.

What do you do with the gifts that are from Santa? Do you leave them unwrapped or just put the tag on that says "from: santa" ?? my husbands parents just left them unwrapped, and told them that santa didnt have enough time to wrap all of the gifts. My mom wrapped all of ours so we were still surprised. I also knew a family who only gave 1 big family gift from santa. what do you guys do with your "from santa" gifts? or do you skip it all together?

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 6:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First off this question was asked by my sister. this is one of thoses things my dh and i have been struggling with because we really dont know if we want to do santa at all but we thought about still doing it to the extent as everyone else does but telling her about the real santa and explaine that he is not alive anymore and we want her to understand what Christmas is really about. We want our daughter to understand that Santa was a real person who is now the spirit of christmas but we being Christians we want her to know that Jesus is why we have christmas but we dont want her to ruin the feeling of christmas for her cousins.

and for my answer I think you should get some like awesome glittery paper and ribbon and make the santa gifts really pretty and tell bug (when he is bigger) the elfs decorate the boxes.
    SarahMerritt_22

Answer by SarahMerritt_22 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I wrap them in special wrapping paper and put tags from santa.

Answer by gemgem at 6:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• we put to kaite from santa my parents did the same
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 6:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I also grew up not having gifts from SANTA wrapped. We too were told that he didnt have time because of all the gifts he had to deliver. I liked it better that way because it was so overwealming to walk out on christmas morning and not know what to look at first! lol It always looks like more when the gifts are set up and "waiting" I am doing the same with my dd and she loves it! Besides, my parents always had seperate gifts from them that were always wrapped. It was the best of both worlds! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I put from mommy and daddy because that's who they came from......No need to lie about it.
    Anonymous

• And besides, what kid wants to open and wait for things to be put together?!! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Its not lying anon. Its fun for the kids! And it only last 10 years! lol I wish it was longer!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Anon, I wrote a ? about those who dont teach their kids about santa. Please answer it b/c im curious to know! Thanks! Its titled "for those who dont beleive in santa"
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• We wrap the gifts in different paper and put tags that say from Santa.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My 11 yr old asked me why I lied to him for all the years we did santa......now he believes it is acceptable to lie since I did it. I have a 2 yr old, and an 11 month old. I quit.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008